The Turnaround - Part 1
No matter how long you may have been dealing with a challenging situation, God can turn it around for you! No problem is too difficult or too complicated for Him to resolve. His way of solving an issue is always the absolute best resolution. He knows every facet of every challenge we face. Nothing surprises Him or leaves Him scratching His head wondering what to do. He is the all-wise, all-knowing Father. We can trust Him to always do what is best for us and to do it at the most opportune time. It may seem like the answer is a long time coming but His timing is perfect.
1. The Hebrews were delivered from the slavery and torment of Egypt after 430 years.
The Problem - Exodus 1
13) And the Egyptians reduced the Israelites to severe slavery.
14) And they made their lives bitter with hard service in mortar, brick, and all kinds of work in the field. All their service was with harshness and severity.
The Promise - Deuteronomy 8
7) For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, flowing forth in valleys and hills;
8) A land of wheat and barley, and vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive trees and honey;
9) A land in which you shall eat food without shortage and lack nothing in it: a land whose stones are iron and out of whose hills you can dig copper.
10) When you have eaten and are full, then you shall bless the Lord your God for all the good land which He has given you.
Four hundred thirty years is a long time to wait for the manifestation of the Lord's promise. But no matter how long it takes, if He said it, He will do it!
In my own experience, I was in desperate need of a new roof. Everytime it rained, I was catching rain water INSIDE the house. I had no way to finance the roof replacement. It looked like I would never be able to live in a safe, comfortable and happy environment. But God, my Provider, made a way! And what I was told would take two weeks to complete (possibly longer if the weather wasn't cooperative) was totally finished in ONE day!
I didn't have to endure this situation 430 years like the Hebrews did. But some days when I was emptying bucket, after bucket of rain water, it almost felt like it. Waiting on God with pure trust and faith never goes unrewarded.